Chief Communications Officer
- Remote + Italy + International
- Full time
- Marketing & Communication
- Mid - Senior
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes and launch a shoe line from scratch.
Our community is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieving their dream of launching a shoe line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Chief Communications Officer or CCO to oversee our organization’s multiple levels of communications.
The Chief Communications Officer role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
You'll be responsible for the public relations aspect within our organization. You'll build and sustain the company's reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. You'll directly manage customer support, customer engagement, and customer service teams.
You'll directly manage content production, settle the communication tone and handle all communication sent to the public
Beyond your communication skills, you have strong management skills with the ability to set up an efficient communication and customer service team, manage external agencies and vendors and maintain relationships with media, influencers, and celebrities.
Your knowledge of the internet, e-commerce sector, fashion, and fashion-tech, as well as your high drive and ambition to perform, are impressive. Entrepreneurial drive and the ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment complete your profile.
If you are a top-notch communications professional with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and a deep talent network in the area, we want to talk to you.
* Manage company brand and reputation.
* Set the tone for all internal and external communication of the company
* Organize and manage customer support, customer service and customer engagement teams
* Create and manage company's content production and distribution
* Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns.
* Manage relationships with our designer's community
* Manage relationships with external agencies
* Manage relationships with media, celebrities and press
* Create relevant partnerships with other brands, influencers, celebrities and media
* Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
* Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
* Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
* Act as a spokesperson for the organization.
Working at AliveShoes as Chief Communications Officer means taking ownership from day one and giving everything for the company to make a meaningful and sustainable impact, grow fast, and create massive value for shareholders.
* Proven experience as Chief Communications Officer or relevant role
* You have gained work experience in a top-tier tech company, world-class agency, international fashion company, international e-commerce company, top-tier consumer brand
* Having worked in a top-level role in a successful tech start-up or in an internet-enabled fashion company is a big plus
* Experience in the footwear industry is also a big plus
* Professional English proficiency is required
* Professional Italian proficiency is required
* Professional French proficiency is a big plus
* BSc/BA in Marketing and communication or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
* You have a solid network of brands, Influencers, Agencies, Producers and communication talents
* Proven passion and knowledge in the fashion-technology area
* Demonstrable competency in creating successful communications strategies, managing customer support, driving customer engagement, managing content production
* Great skills in project management and business development are a big plus
* Hands-on skills in customer service, digital marketing, content creation
* Understanding of SaaS, and e-commerce business models
* Growth mindset and proven knowledge of growth tactics and growth development
* Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
* Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
* Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
* Amazing ability to recruit, lead and manage teams
* Ability to create operations work documents and presentations
* "24/7" approach and highly performance-based growth mindset
* Can start within one or two months
* Have a strong network of talents and partners
* Think big mentality
* Doer- you can do all kinds of hands-on work in product/project management, customer service, digital marketing, financial administration
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than 1 week.
Given the importance of the role - the calls and meetings will be directly managed with the CEO.
If selected we will normally do an initial trial of 3 to 6 months.
You'll work from remote, travel, and work Internationally with the CEO, meet the production team in Le Marche Italy to gain relevant experience in the field. Participate in sprint development sessions, growth acceleration sessions, investors meetings, partners meeting. Also set-up recharging sessions when necessary.
For this position, we will negotiate market terms based on experience and attitude.
All travel and life expenses are paid by the company
After the trial, you'll get a very generous amount of stocks in the AliveShoes American holding company, and further performance-based bonuses will be negotiated.
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.