Community and Communication Manager
- Full time
- Marketing & communication
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes and launch a shoe line from scratch.
Our community is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieving their dream of launching a shoe line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an amazing community leader and communication wizard.
Proven operational excellence. Experience in fashion & digital media. Footwear enthusiast. Global mindset. Rockstar attitude.
You'll be supporting a massive community of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world. You'll be their organizational firepower and main point of contact. You'll be leading them through the platform and help them succeed.
The role covers these aspects
1/ Manage the designer's community
We receive lots of applications per day, from designers all over the world. Our role is to nurture them, engage them and establish a true and inspiring relationship with them.
What will you do?
Manage the daily communication flow with designers:
- Manage daily inbound communication that our designers send to us: general information requests, tips, mentoring requests, the problem with tech, problem with payments, logistics ( manage this through our internal dashboard, customer service ticketing dashboards, e-mails, live chat or skype)
- Router inbound communication to tech, to logistics, to founders when needed
- Overview claims, orders delays or special requests from designers and sync with the production & logistics team
- Screen designers applications, send regular engagements, tips & tricks, reviews of their shoes and unlock them to use the platform through our dashboard smart tools
- Manage and improve internal e-mails scripts, knowledgebase, FAQs
- Follow special VIP accounts that request more attention and have special requests
- Overlook the platform "health" in order to keep the community positive and enthusiastic
- Identify the area of improvements in managing designer's communication
- Keep track of the designer's feedbacks and organize them into an actionable document for the platform team to analyze
2/ Create, share and organize original content
Either it's a cool story of one of our designers, or a very good PR hit, or some backstage from our shoemaking labs, you'll be managing, creating and sharing great content with our community. You'll be crafting stories that create excitement and that foster their bond to our platform and brand.
What will you do?
- Improve and manage existing newsletter campaigns
- Create original content about PR hits, designer's stories, shoemaking backstage or other relevant content and stream that to our community through newsletters, blog and social media
- Store, screen and improve original content coming directly from our designers
- Manage and improve existing content that our designers share with us and showcase it in on our main website, in our dedicated marketplace website and in special designer's websites
- Manage and plan social media channels such as Instagram and Facebook
3/ Support crucial marketing activities
- Create one to one relationships with bloggers, influencers, press, and celebrities
- Create and organize special projects in collaborations with media, venues or brands to further impact the visibility of our designers (both online and offline)
- Support the creations of photo shootings, videos, runaway shoes, pop-up stores, events, and meet-ups
You are enthusiastic about Fashion and you totally love shoes.
You have very fluent English spoken and written, knowing Italian and French is a plus.
You have worked at least 5 years in a relevant position in the fashion industry:
>Digital Communication position in a Footwear/Fashion company.
>Responsibility role in a digital marketing agency working on Fashion projects.
>Community or content manager in a Fashion e-commerce
You are familiar with tech, you understand the dynamics and the flows of a digital product, you can use team communication tools, online chat tools, newsletter tools, email ticketing tools, CMS tools, CRM tools, Dashboards, and analytics tools.
You are great with emails, you have good copywriting skills, and you are experienced with social media channels.
You have a great graphic/editing skills (photoshop mainly) and you are able to create and adapt content and make it look great.
You are familiar with the process of publishing content on external media outlets, influencers platforms, or digital platforms.
In general, you are great at sales and at establishing human connections within any media. You can create a relationship with people, empower them and excite them.
You are data-driven, you like to measure results and optimize processes, you have a business-oriented mindset.
You are not a classic 9-5 office person. You want to travel, grow, reach challenging goals, meet new people, work internationally, work on the go and fully embrace a cause with an all-in approach.
You have experience working from remote and you find remote work very attractive.
You love difficult challenges and you are stimulated to work with startups and talented people.
You are ambitious and energetic. You are a doer, you like to wear many hats when needed
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than 2 weeks.
The first part of the process involves a skype call and a written test you can do from home. If we do find an initial fit, the second part of the process will be a 1-2 days full working session with us. We will fly you from wherever you are located and reimburse reasonable expenses or do it from remote entirely.
This can also be done remotely.
After the 2 days, we will tell you if you are hired for a trial.
The trial lasts for 3 to 4 months, if the trial is successful you'll be offered a 6 months to 3-year contract with the company.
For this position you will get about Net Euro 1700/month (Euro 3300 gross) for the 3-4 month trial, and about Net Euro 2000/month (Euro 4000 gross) + bonuses for the 6 months to 3yr contract (this may vary based on the experience). The 6 months to3 years contract also gives you the possibility to get stocks in the American holding company.
Work from remote, travel Internationally to meet the team when the situation makes it necessary, also travel to Le Marche to our Production offices to acquire relevant knowledge in the industry. All travel expenses are paid by the company (life + travel and accommodation).
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.