Head of Community & Communication lead
- Full time
- Marketing & communication
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes and launch a shoe line from scratch.
Our community is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieving their dream of launching a shoe line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an amazing community leader and communication wizard that wants to help us scale the company.
We look for proven operational excellence. Vast experience in fashion & digital media. Enthusiasm for footwear. Global mindset. Rockstar attitude.
We offer an aggressive salary, a strong equity plan and eternal glory.
You’ll be a member of the first executive team (most important people after founders)
Get a very good chunk of shares in the company and partecipate actively in the scale-up of a leading fashion-tech company worldwide.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (NOW)
You'll be leading a massive community of designers, Artists, students, musicians, influencers, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world. You'll be their organizational firepower and main point of contact. You'll be leading them through the platform and help them succeed.
The role covers 3 main aspects:
1/ Manage the daily communications with the designer's community
We receive lots of designer's applications per day, from all over the world. Our role is to nurture them, engage them , solving their problems and establish a true and inspiring relationship with them,
What will you do?
- Screen applicants, send regular engagements, tips & tricks, reviews of their shoes and unlock them to use the platform through our dashboard smart tools
- Manage daily inbound communication that our designers send to us : general informations requests, tips, mentoring requests, problem with tech, problem with payments, logistics ( manage this through our internal dashboard, customer service dashboards, e-mails, livechat or skype)
- Follow special VIP accounts that requests more attention and have special requests (Musicians, influencers, VIPs etc)
- Overlook designer's performance and relevant data
- Overlook the platform "health" and track their feedback in order to keep the community positive and enthusiastic
- Recruit and manage a small team of community managers/customer service agents to scale operations at a later stage
- Organize meet-ups with the designer's community in relevant citites at a later stage
2/ Create and share original content with our community
Either it's a cool story of one of our designer, or a very good PR hit, or some backstage from our shoemaking labs, you'll be creating and sharing great content with our community.
You'll be crafting stories that create excitement and that foster their bond to our platform and brand.
What will you do?
- Improve existing drip newsletter campaigns
- Create original content about PR hits, designer's stories, shoemaking backstage or other relevant content and stream that to our community through newsletters, our blog and social media channels
- Collaborate with creative and marketing agencies to create and improve content
- Manage and plan social media channels such as twitter, instagram and facebook
3/Manage Designer's PR
Our designers need to be seen and noticed out there. Once they reach a specific amount of sales, they can use our PR service, that will expand the visibility of their story and their product to bloggers, influencers, press and celebrities.
What will you do?
- Manage communication with designers that qualify to use PR service
- Create one to one relationships with bloggers, influencers, press and celebrities
- Manage a media budget and identify opportunities for our designer to be seen in magazine and publications around the world
- Recruit and manage PR agencies, Influencers platform, media platforms to help widen the reach
- Set-up the content to be published (photos, videos, copy) and arrange product shipments if needed
- Manage the whole publishing process with the media outlet and track results
- Create and organize special projects in collaborations with media, venues or brands to further impact the visibility of our designers (both online and offline)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (LONG TERM):
- Help set-up the new company global HQ
- Help develop a global communication team to manage designers from 20+ countries
- Help develop a solid company brand towards designers
- Help develop a phisical space to continuosly meet designers and/or showcase their products to public
- Help shape company’s culture
You are enthusiastic about Fashion and you totally love shoes.
You have fluent english spoken and written, knowing Italian and French is a plus.
You have a good knowledge of fashion trends, you have a great sense of design.
You have worked at least 5 years in a relevant position in community management, customer relationships, customer service, e-commerce, consumer internet, media, digital agency or in a fashion company. Having already worked in a communication position in a Footwear company or as a community manager in a creative platform is a plus.
You are familiar with tech, you understand the dynamics and the flows of a digital product, you can use team communication tools, online chat tools, newsletter tools, CRM tools, Dashboards, and analytics tools.
You are great with emails, you have good copywriting skills and you are experienced with social media channels.
In general you are great at sales and at establishing human connection within any media. You can create relationship with people, empower them and excite them.
You are data driven, you like to measure results and optimize processes, you have a business oriented mindset.
You are mobile, flexible and can travel for long period of time.
You are not a classic 9-5 office person. You can work anytime/anywhere
You are ambitious, you want to travel, grow, reach challenging goals, meet new people, work internationally, work on the go and fully embrace a cause with an all-in approach.
You love difficult challenges and you are stimulated to work with startups and talented people.
You are energetic. You are a doer, you like to wear many hats when needed
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than a week.
Uploading a presentation video makes your profile pop-up big time, and gives a strong sign of commitment, so we recommend you do that.
The first part of the process involve an skype call and a small test you can do from home.
If we do find an initial fit, the second part of the process will be another quick call to comment the test and one call with the Founder.
Finally the last part of the process is a 1 to 7 full paid working day with us (depending on your avialibility) to see in real time how we can work together.
We will fly you from wherever you are located and reimburse reasonable expenses.
The hiring period is divided in two phases, a 3-6 month trial period, and a 1-3 years contract after the trial. This may bary depending on the case.
For this position you will get about gross $6500/month for the 3-6 month trial, and about gross $8000/month + Bonuses for the main contract (this may vary based on the experience).
You will also get a significant package of shares in the American AliveShoes holding company, with 3 years vesting period and 1 year cliff, if your 3-6 months trial will be successfull.
Work on the go and move together with the CEO, also work in Italy in our offices in Le Marche, travel to key cities and local strategic communities in USA and around the world, also work from remote at times, when the situation makes it possible.
All travel expenses are paid by the company (life + travel and accommodation).
You'll be also working together with the tech team and the supply chain team.
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.